The B.PAC Civic Leadership Incubator Program (B.CLIP) is B.PAC’s flagship initiative that will select, train and support talented individuals who wish to transform their city by contesting municipal corporation elections. By equipping candidates with skills in public policy analysis, municipal administration, political landscape and election campaign dynamics, the incubator project will create a pipeline of candidates that B.PAC and other civil society organizations find suitable to endorse for the future elections.
The B.PAC Civic Leadership Incubator Program (B.CLIP) aims to create a pool of informed citizens who have the ability to work on various issues important to the citizens of Bangalore and act as a pressure group to bring in transparency and accountability into the system.
To create a pool of good civic leaders who will actively engage in ward level management and administration of the city to improve its governance.
Short Term: To train, develop and prepare the participants of this program to be ready to participate in the political process leading up to the next BBMP elections.
Long Term: To motivate citizens to enter public service in order to ensure adequate leadership capacity to govern the city better. To create a cadre of good civic leaders who:
- Have an interest in public service
- Understand the complexities and dynamics of managing a ward, a city and their activities
- Will engage with citizens and work on ward-wise inputs for city improvement
- Aspire to public offices in the city
- Will govern with capability and integrity
- Will act as representatives of citizens in the interaction with the political leadership of the city
- Will participate in the political process to improve governance.
The B.CLIP program is designed to equip participants with the theoretical as well as practical knowledge on urban and municipal governance in Bangalore. About 60-80 participants are selected through a defined selection procedure and divided into batches to go through the program.