Green Ambassador Programme
GAP is a certificate program for students that provides them with an opportunity to learn about environmental issues of our immediate concern and equip them to take up initiatives towards being agents of change.
The course aims at creating a problem-solving community of young individuals who play the important role of a catalyst between the community and the local government in addressing the problem of waste management plaguing the city.
Following are the key components of this certificate program;
- Sensitising students to persistent environmental and civic problems
- Introducing them to various available solutions to these problems
- Providing a platform to interact with civic leaders, elected representatives and learn from them
- Helping them make Bengaluru a cleaner and greener city through their actions
Structure of the Programme:
The program has three parts:
- Classroom session: Students learn in depth about waste management and water conservation
- Field Activity: Students with the support of Civic Leaders, BBMP, elected representatives and local community take up following activities:
- Steps to make their campus ‘Green’
- Door-to-door awareness on segregation
- Clean-up drive
- Fund raising activity by converting waste to resource
- Document and certificates:
Students document the activities conducted by them and submit their reports to BBMP and elected representatives. Certificates are given after a successful completion of the program.
Institutions part of the program:
- Mount Carmel College
- B.N.M Pre Universty college
- Hombegowda college
- Govt. First Grade Degree College, HSR Layout
- Parikrama Centre for learning
- St. Anne’s Women’s Degree College
- Little Angel’s Modern High School
- Clarence High School, Richards Town
- Sri Guruharikishan High School, Ulsoor.