The need for a pedestrian friendly footpath was the need of the hour of the stretch that leads to the national law college. Illegal Hawkers make the situation worse and encroached the entire footpath. The traffic density in the stretch compelled the corporator Shri Umesh Shetty to take up the project to ensure all the above issues were resolved.
The project was conceptualised and an attempt to make a model road that could be replicated easily at a lower cost was done. Design of the entire road was done to ensure that the quality, pedestrian centric and the utilities were done at a lower cost. No major Utility shifting has been done. Project will cost around INR 1.5 Cr cost borne by BBMP.
The entire revamp includes :
- Dustbins will be installed at regular intervals
- Proper lighting will be provided
- CCTVs will be installed to ensure the safety of the citizens
- Free wifi will be provided along with a leading telecom
- The residents along this stretch will be provided with proper provision to park their personal vehicles
The project will be completed in the next 2 months, it was started in the month of August 2017.